Thursday, May 17, 2007

Thursday Thirteen - #4


Thirteen Things about the Number 13!

1 . The known universe is about 13.7 billion years old.
2 . The number of participants at the Last Supper.
3 . The 13th moon of Jupiter is Elara.
4 . 13 is the original number of colonies the USA was founded from.
6 . There are 13 stripes on the flag of the United States, six white and 7 red ones.
7 . A person who reaches the age of 13, is a teenager officially and remains there until 20.
8. Friday the 13th is considered unlucky in many countries.
9 . Fear of the number 13 is termed triskaidekaphobia. Try saying that fast 3 times.
10 . The number of cards in a single suit of standard deck of playing cards is 13.
11 . A Baker's Dozen is 13.
12 . Number 13 was the number Dan Marino, an American football player known for passing more yards than any other quarterback in NFL history wore.
13 . Number 13 is why we love doing this meme weekly.



12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some interesting 13 facts there! Great list idea for the meme.

tommie said...

I didn't know Jupiter even had that many moons!

MaR said...

My husband's lucky nr is 13, he was born on a 13th...
My sister lives on a 13th floor...I love TT, so I am not afraid of the number. Lucky me, because I couldn't say "triskaidekaphobia", not even once!!
interesting list, happy TT!

Mz Jackson said...

What an absolutely cool TT!

Malinda777 said...

Now that's an interesting idea for the meme...I enjoyed the list :)

Happy TT

Anonymous said...

A cute idea for a T13 entry!!!

Mama Kelly

Qtpies7 said...

Impressive! Many buildings don't have a 13th floor due to that very word we all can't say.
I will say that the worst year of growing up was my 13th year.

DK & The Fluffies said...

I vote for #11 in lobster chunks!

Tara said...

What a neat list! Mom could eat baker's dozen of donuts!
Tara

Donny and Marie and Casey said...

That is a very cool TT list! Mommy liked the universe one and the Jupiter's 13th moon one.

Danielle said...

I learnt so much. Thanks for an educational TT.

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Very cool list! Lots of interesting facts about the number 13. :)