Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Tuxie Tuesday with Samantha

This is me exploring some the branches that my dad cut down in our back yard at dusk! I could almost be a House Panther at night! I am doing the Book Meme for me and Tigger that Sunny tagged us for last week. Sorry it has taken so long. And we got this cool Valued Friend Award for going to The Cat Realm's 1st Blogoversary. Thanks Karl for being our valued Furiend, also! Today is also Earth Day 2008! Thanks Opus & Roscoe for the cool graphic!
Sunny tagged us for the Book Meme.
First, here’s the rules:

1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123.

3. Find the fifth sentence.

4. Post the next three sentences.

5. Tag five people and post a comment to
Mickey once you’ve posted it.

Mom was reading Guide to Life after 50, 60, 70 & Beyond For Dummies, by the Authors & Editors at Dummies Press 2004.

If you're ready to choose walking as your exercise, you need to be aware that the President's Council on Physical Fitness and Sports has designated three walking speed: Slow, or 3 mph, Brisk, or 4 mph and Fast, or 4.5 mph. Table 7-1 indicates how fast it takes to walk a few specific distances at each of these speeds. After you know how far you are walking and the pace you want to keep, you can set a target time.
We are not sure who has played and who hasn't, so feel free to play if you haven't been tagged.

15 comments:

Parker said...

Wakling is good for beans. Momy tries to walk to work every day. It doesn't always happen...

The Meezers or Billy said...

walking is good for beans, but why can't beans read more books about kitties?

Tybalt said...

Hello my gorgeous Tuxie Princess! My mommy used to do a lot of walking, but she's been lazy this past year. Maybe I should whap her so she takes better care of herself.

Want to come over and see if we can shove Ivy out of the Nip Lounger and have a snuggle? Purrrrs.

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Wow, you look like a wild cat in amongst the grass, Samantha!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Happy Earth Day and congrats on your award!

Artsy Catsy said...

I have to make my mom read this so she'll start her walking regimen again. Her 'spare tire' got so big this winter there's hardly any lap left for me!

Rocky

Unknown said...

Happy Earth Day!

Anonymous said...

We think we walk faster than fast sometimes! Happy Earth Day!

Captain Jack and Sir Dante said...

You do look very patherish in the dark!!

Mr. Hendrix said...

thank you thank you thank you for my fun prize package. i am having so much fun with it, the fev-ver toy has already lost a "soldier" tee hee hee
you look lovely in the yard. i think your yard makes a great Earth Day post. i love your earth day world photo

Babs (Beetle) said...

You look a little bet scary in the dark. That's because you are black, like me. I wonder if I could look scary too.

Purrs, Sukie X

Sunny's Mommy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sunny's Mommy said...

You are very stealthy outside in the dusk, Samantha. I can barely see you.

What a coincidence. I have a book on walking that I purchased when I bought a few walking dvds, thinking it would inspire me even more! I cracked the book once and that's it. But I do use the dvds.

Anonymous said...

DKM trys to walk her 10,000 steps a day, but she normally only makes it to 6k or 7k. She needs to get her butt in gear.

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Mom walks at least 2 miles a day. She also figure skates. Exercise makes her feel better.

I love your Earth Day graphic!