Sunday, September 14, 2008

Till We Meet Again Sweet Pixie

Our dear furiend Pixie went to the Rainbow Bridge today! We shall always remember her for her wit, her beauty and her love of bananas! Till we meet again! Love and hugs, Samantha & Mr. Tigger
If it should be....
If it should be that I grow frail and weak,
and pain should keep me from my sleep,
then you must do what must be done,
for we know this last battle can't be won.

You will be sad, I understand,
but don't let grief then stay your hand,
for this day, more than the rest,
your love and friendship must stand the test.

We've had so many happy years,
what is to come can hold no fears.
Would you want me to suffer? So,
when the time comes, please let me go.

Take me where my needs they'll tend,
only stay with me until the end,
and hold me firm and speak to me,
until my eyes no longer see.

It is a kindness that you do to me,
although my tail it's last has waved,
from pain and suffering I have been saved.

Do not grieve, it should be you,
who must decide this thing to do.
We've been so close, we two these years,
Don't let your heart hold any tears.

Author unknown

8 comments:

(angel) Grrreta and Fam said...

We are so sad to hear about Pixie.

Evergreen loves Kilroy said...

That is a very lovely poem. Thank you for sharing.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

We cannot say good bye--only until we meet again. We look forward to meeting Pixie again.

Lux said...

Yes, until we meet again ...

meemsnyc said...

That is a nice tribute. We will miss her.

Anonymous said...

That is a lovely verse for Miss Pixie. :)

Daisy said...

Thank you so much for your beautiful post for Pixie. Your kindness and thoughtfulness mean so much during this sad time.

Donna said...

I'm so very sorry for your loss... they may be furry, but they are still valued family members and only those who truly belong to cats can understand the enourmous hole that they leave behind when they go ahead. (((hugs)))