Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Till We Meet Again Sweet Sniffie

Our very good fruiend Sniffe from the Sniffie & The Florida Furkids flew away to the Rainbow Bridge yesterday!! We shall miss her lots!! Please send hugs and love to her Mom Sharon & The Family!! Till we meet again Sniffie!!
Purrs and Hugs,
Samantha, Clementine, Maverick and Chandra
Our Pets In Heaven

by Ken D. Conover

To have loved and then said farewell, is better than to have never loved at all.
For all of the times that you have stooped and touched my head, fed me my favorite treat and returned the love that I so unconditionally gave to you.
For the care that you gave to me so unselfishly.
For all of these things I am grateful and thankful.

I ask that you not grieve for the loss, but rejoice in the fact that we lived, loved and touched each others lives. My life was fuller because you were there, not as a master/owner, but as my FRIEND.

Today I am as I was in my youth. The grass is always green, butterflies flit among the flowers and the Sun shines gently down upon all of God's creatures.
I can run, jump, play and do all of the things that I did in my youth. There is no sickness, no aching joints and no regrets and no aging.

We await the arrival of our lifelong companions and know that togetherness is forever.
You live in our hearts as we do in yours. Companions such as you are so rare and unique.
Don't hold the love that you have within yourself. Give it to another like me and then I will live forever. For love never really dies, and you are loved and missed as surely as we are.


17 comments:

Sparkle said...

Such a very sad day... we are sending lots and lots of purrs to Sniffie's family.

Karen, author of "My Funny Dad, Harry" said...

Always sad to lose a friend. So sorry for Sniffie's family! Going to visit now.

SeaThreePeeO said...

We're very very sad that Sniffie had to leave.

Sweet Purrfections said...

What a nice tribute to Sniffie. I'm so sad today.

Kea said...

That's a beautiful tribute...our mom's crying all over again....

Milo and Alfie Marshall said...

The beautiful poem has set mom off again ~ we are all so very sad.

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

We were sad to hear this, too!

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

We will miss Sniffie, too.
She was a sweet, beautiful girl.
~ The Bunch and Mom

Anonymous said...

We miss Sniffie too. That poem made moms eyes leaky all over again. Beautiful tribute!

catsynth said...

We were very sad to hear about Sniffie, too. Sending thoughts and purrs to her family.

That was a beautiful poem. Made us feel both sad and happy/grateful at the same time.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

That is a lovely tribute to Sniffie

Brian's Home Blog said...

Sad, sad, sad. We are all gonna miss that sweet gal.

Amy & the house of cats said...

We are very sad about Sniffie running off to the bridge - we will miss her lots!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

We never met Sniffie, but we are glad to see she had so many friends...

Cat said...

We are so sad about Sniffie!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

We were very sad when we heard the news.

The Island Cats said...

What a nice post for Sniffie. We will miss her very much.